||Aleksandr Goldenweiser (1875–1961)
||N. Metner: Sobranie Sochinenii, Tom VI: Sochineniia dlia golosa i fortepiano|
Moscow: Muzgiz, 1961. Plate M. 29308 Г.
||Contains forward in Russian and German, presumably by the composer|URTEXT EDITION
This "urtext" or "scholarly" (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in the EU (or 20 years ago in Italy, before 1992 in the former USSR). Hence, the edition is public domain in its country of origin or a government publication. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum 'threshold of originality' to qualify for copyright as an 'adaptation'. They may not be public domain elsewhere. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Sonata-Vokaliz s epigrafom "Sviashchennoe mesto" Op.41 No.1
||Sonate-Vocalise mit einem Motto "Geweihter Platz"
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Voice and piano
The sonata-vocalise is prefaced by a short motto, "The Sacred Grove", with words by Goethe.
|Piano Sonatas by Nikolay Medtner
- No.1. Sonata in A-flat major
- No.2. Sonata-Elegy in D minor
- No.3. Sonata in C major
- Sonata-Ballade, Op.27 in F-sharp major (1912-14)
- Piano Sonata, Op.30 in A minor (1914)
- Sonata-Reminiscenza, Op.38 No.1 (as a part of Forgotten Melodies I, Op.38, 1919-20)
- Sonata tragica, Op.39 No.5 (as a part of Forgotten Melodies II, Op.39, 1919-20)
- Sonata-Vocalise, Op.41 No.1 for voice and piano (1922)
- Sonata romantica, Op.53 No.1 in B-flat minor (1929-30ca.)
- Sonata minacciosa, Op.53 No.2 in F minor (1929-31ca.)
- Sonata-Idyll, Op.56 in G major (1935-37)