This work is likely not in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments), nor in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
: strauss sonatine no 2
||London: Hawkes & Son, 1952. Plate 17902
||Fröhliche Werkstatt (Cheerful Workshop) for 16 Wind Instruments
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
- I. Allegro con brio, 3/4, E♭ Major
- II. Andantino, sehr gemächlich (very leisurely), 4/8, B♭ major
- III. Menuett - Etwas lebhaft (lively), 3/4, E♭ Major
- IV. Einleitung (Andante) und Allegro, 4/4, E♭ major
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1944-45 in Garmisch
||1946-03-25 in Winterthur, Switzerland
- Winterthur Musikkollegium, Dr. Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
||1952 (As Symphony for Wind Instruments)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||16 Wind Instruments
- 2 flutes, 2 oboes, clarinet (C), 2 clarinets (B♭), basset horn (F)
Bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon, 4 horns (F, E♭)
Performance information is from the Sonatine No. 1, B & H. 1964 edition mentioned by Dr. Willi Schuh. (1900-1988) in his preface. -Sallen112