Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
London: P. S. for Thomas Adams, 1603.
Public Domain [tag/del]
Arrangements and Transcriptions
Flow not so fast, ye fountaines
For Low Voice and Piano (Keel)
PDF scanned by Ralph Theo Misch
Frederick Keel (1871-1954)
Elizabethan Love-Songs. First Set
London: Boosey & Co., 1909. Plate H. 6259.
Public Domain - Non-PD EU [tag/del]
Scanned at 600dpi grayscale, improved, converted to monochrome.
For the preface see Keel's arrangements of The Firste Booke of Songes.
||Third Booke of Songs
||The Third and Last Booke of Songs or Aires. Newly composed to sing to the Lute, Orpharion, or viols, and a dialogue for a base and meane Lute with five voices to sing thereto.
- 1. Fairwell, too fair
- 2. Time stands still
- 3. Behold a wonder here
- 4. Daphne was not so chaste
- 5. Me, me, and none but me
- 6. When Phoebus first did Daphne love
- 7. Say, Love, if ever thou didst find
- 8. Flow not so fast, ye fountains
- 9. What if I never speed?
- 10. Love stood amazed
- 11. Lend your ears to my sorrow
- 12. By a fountain where I lay
- 13. O what hath overrought
- 14. Farewell, unkind
- 15. Weep you no more, sad fountains
- 16. Fie on this feigning!
- 17. I must complain
- 18. It was a Time when silly bees
- 19. The lowest trees have tops
- 20. What poor astronomers are they
- 21. Come when I call
||John Souch, Esq.
|Composer Time Period
||Voice/s, lute or viol/s; 2 lutes, 5 voices
- Shannon, Dean/Editor
- Pages with scores
- Keel, Frederick/Arranger
- Dowland, John/Collections
- Renaissance style
- For voice, lute
- Scores featuring the voice
- Scores featuring the lute
- For voices with solo instruments
- For voice, lute, viol
- Scores featuring the viol
- For voice, viol
- For 4 voices, lute
- For treble, alto, tenor, bass instruments, lute
- Scores with open instrumentation
- For 5 players
- For 2 voices, 2 lutes
- For 2 lutes
- For 2 players
- For 5 voices, 2 lutes
- English language
- For voice, piano (arr)
- For voices with keyboard
- Scores featuring the piano
- Pages with arrangements
- Tablature (strings)