From VIAF/LOC, brief biography
From Digital Library of Georgia's website:
- John Wiegand; came to U.S. from Germany at age of 18; violinist with New York Symphony Orchestra; he and his brother George operated a music store in Augusta, Georgia; he moved to Savannah in 1898; composer, teacher, musician. - Schissel
- The publically visible portion of the organ-bio website doesn't contain enough information to count as a biography, just a confirmation of dates and nationalities.
- Not to be confused with John P. Wiegand, 20th-century editor of a hymnal.
- Could dates be 1841-1931 instead? this findagrave page suggests as much (gives middle name as Henry.) It is true that LoC official entries give dates as 1841-1923, however.
- The Wiegand on findagrave is buried in the New Bethlehem Mennonite Church Cemetery in Pennsylvania. This composer's works are for Roman Catholic liturical use.