I. Allegro moderato
||Eusebius Mandyczewski (1857-1929)
||Franz Schubert's Werke, Serie XXI:|
Supplement: Instrumentalmusik Band 2, No.10
Leipzig: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1897. Plate F.S. 979.
||fragment. Original images: 150dpi, grayscale jpg files approx. 1500 by 1925 pixels. Editing: re-sampled to 600dpi, converted to black and white tif files, de-skewed, and set uniform margins. File updated 4/22/2014 to include all four pages. Note that the online viewer will probably still show the old incomplete file.
||Piano Sonata in F-sharp minor
||Allegro in F# minor; Piano Sonata No.8; Piano Sonata No.9
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Allegro moderato (F♯ minor - fragment)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1897 – Franz Schubert's Werke, Breitkopf & Härtel
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
The remaining movements are thought by some to probably be:
- 2. (Andante), D.604 (A major)
- 3. Scherzo. Allegro vivace - Trio, D.570 (D major)
- 4. Allegro, D.570 (F♯ minor - fragment)
The work is numbered as Piano Sonata No.8 in Classical Archives and as Piano Sonata No.9 in the Wiener Urtext Edition; it is unnumbered in the Breitkopf & Härtel edition.
|Schubert Piano Sonatas
- Piano Sonata in B major, D.575 (Op.posth.147)
- Piano Sonata in C major, D.613 (unfinished)
- Piano Sonata in F minor, D.625 (unfinished)
- Piano Sonata in C♯ minor, D.655 (fragment of movt. I)
- Piano Sonata in A major, D.664 (Op.posth.120)
- Piano Sonata in E minor, D.769a (fragment of movt. I)
- Piano Sonata in A minor, D.784 (Op.posth.143)
- Piano Sonata in C major, D.840 (Reliquie) (unfinished)
- Piano Sonata in A minor, D.845 (Op.42)
- Piano Sonata in D major, D.850 (Op.53) (Gasteiner)
- Piano Sonata in G major, D.894 (Op.78) (Fantasie)
- Piano Sonata in C minor, D.958
- Piano Sonata in A major, D.959
- Piano Sonata in B♭ major, D.960