Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
||The Mountain Maid
- Det syng / The Enticement
- Blåbaer-li / Blueberry Slope
- Møte / The Tryst
- Elsk / Love
- Killingdans / Kidlings' Dance
- Vond dag / Hurtful Day
- Ved gjaetle-bekken / At the Brook
|Year/Date of Composition
||Arne Garborg (1851-1924)
||The Lied, Art Song, and Choral Texts Archive
||The text for this song cycle comes from the Haugtussa poem cycle by Arne Garborg. Grieg chose 8 of the poems to include in his Op.67 'Haugtussa'. He also set others from Garborg's Haugtussa cycle, but didn't include them in the the published set. The EG 152 work number applies to all of the separate songs, but since there is no evidence Grieg intended them to be performed together (some are incomplete), they will be on separate pages under their individual titles.
- Songs not included in the Op.67
- 1. Prolog, inc.
- 2. Veslemøy ved Rokken [Veslemøy at the Spinning-Wheel], inc.
- 3. Kvelding [Evening], inc.
- 4. Sporven, EG 152d [The Sparrow, also for female vv]
- 5. Fyrevarsel [Warning], inc.
- 6. I slåtten [In the Hayfield]
- 7. Veslemøy undrast [Veslemøy Wondering]
- 8. Dømd [Doomed]
- 9. Den snilde guten [The Nice Boy], inc.
- 10. Veslemøy lengtar [Veslemøy Longing]
- 11. Skog-glad [Forest Joy], inc.
- 12. Ku-lok [Cow-Call]