IMSLP's Community Projects consist of a variety of different projects; scanning of scores, logo removal and uploading, uploading from private sources, and acquisition of scores from various websites. Most people can contribute to most of these projects, although some require certain access. You may even start your own project, just make sure to follow the guidelines.
To participate in this valuable work, simply list your name on a project's page, and start uploading. You will need to follow these simple steps:
- Identify the edition. Check for existing copies on IMSLP.
- Download the files, rename them properly.
- Create new work pages if necessary and start uploading.
- Be sure to enter new entries in Edition Pages and Work Lists.
- Check completed folders or files on the project page.
- The Sibley Mirroring Project
- The Gaylord Acquisition Project
- Acquisition of the MIT archive
- Scanning of scores from the Cook Score Project
- Adding the public domain portion of the Neue Mozart Ausgabe
- The Xian Xinghai Project
- The DKB (Det Kongelige Bibliotek) Mirroring Project
- The IMSLP:Community Projects/Irwin Collection Project
- Merging of the Werner Icking Music Archive into IMSLP
- The Merton Music Project
- Acquisition of the Ruth Dana Collection of Liszt Editions
- The Orchestra Parts Project
- Acquisition of the bh2000 archive
- Acquisition of the Gutenberg score archive
- Sorting and uploading of the Bach-Gesellschaft Ausgabe
New proposals can be explained here. Archives that are bound to get lost should preferentially be chosen.