No files submitted.
PDF scanned by Balliol College...
- My soul doth magnify (Chorus SSATB)
- Solo: For behold (Tenor)
- Canon, two in one: And his mercy (Chorus SATB)
- Solo: He hath shewed strength (Baritone)
- Quartet: He remembering his mercy (SATB unaccompanied)
- Recitative: He hath filled the hungry (Tenors and basses unison)
- (a) Glory be to the Father (Chorus SATB)
(b) Fugue: As it was in the beginning (Chorus SATB)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||soli: tenor, bass|
orchestra: flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, strings
Manuscript score of a setting of the Magnificat by Harry Drew (New College 1872), no date. He appears to have studied music at Oxford in ca.1887-88, and was associated with Balliol College*, but the college has no record of his membership; Faculty of Music recordkeeping for the period is idiosyncratic. The score is assumed to be in the composer's hand and is a fair copy, perhaps submitted as part of a degree; the cover title clearly associates him with Balliol College. It is not known who made the annotations or why. Balliol has no other information about Harry Drew.
- The Standard, London, 30 January, 1888 records Harry Drew awarded a B.Mus. degree at Balliol.