- 467 studies and melodies on time-keeping, intonation, for the wrist,
staccato and other bowings, and 48 duets for two violins
- 2. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Positions.
- 485 studies for moving from one position to another; 23 melodies scales,
and arpeggios in two octaves; and short pieces introducing rests
- 3. The Ground-work of Bowing.
- 530 studies for the wrist, martelé, detaché, legato, marcato, spiccato,
staccato, and complexity of bowing
- 4. Elementary Double Stopping & Chords.
- 370 studies up to the third position in thirds, sixths, octaves, chromatic,
diminished and augmented intervals; scales, and 39 short pieces
- 450 studies in single and double notes for moving between the seven positions
- 6. Tone Production and Phrasing.
- 337 studies in various bowings, specially designed for producing variety of tone;
and 145 studies for turns, trills and shakes
- 7. Rapidity of Fingering.
- 119 studies for the cultivation of clearness in technique. All positions
- 8. Bravura Double Stopping.
- 10 Preludes and 7 Concert-Etudes in thirds, sixths, octaves, tenths,
chromatic, augmented and diminished intervals
- Studies in the most complex and difficult varieties of staccato, arpeggio,
saltato, sautille and feather bowing
- 10. Chords and Part-Playing.
- Three Concert-Caprices, Prelude, Paraphrase on Tannhäuser, and
Cadenzas to the Brahms and Beethoven Concertos
- 11. The Brilliant and Bravura School.
- Studies in single, double, and triple harmonics, left-hand pizzicato, etc.
- 12. Finger Development and Virtuosity.
- Studies in left-hand tremolo, double shakes, and solo pieces
for violin alone, comprising all difficulties