||Piano Sonata No.3
- Allegro moderato (E major)
- [Scherzo]. Allegro (E major)
|Year/Date of Composition
||1843 – C.A. Klemm
||First published with the 3 Klavierstücke, D.459a as 5 Klavierstücke.
The autograph of the Scherzo breaks off at b.142: the remainder is not certain to be the work of Schubert.
Some have proposed the 3 Klavierstücke, D.459A to be the third, fourth, and fifth movements of this sonata.
|Schubert Piano Sonatas
- Sonata No.9 in B major, D.575 (Op.posth.147)
- Sonata No.10 in C major, D.613 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.11 in F minor, D.625 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.12 in C♯ minor, D.655 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.13 in A major, D.664 (Op.posth.120)
- Sonata in E minor, D.769A (incomplete)
- Sonata No.14 in A minor, D.784 (Op.posth.143)
- Sonata No.15 in C major, D.840 ("Reliquie") (incomplete)
- Sonata No.16 in A minor, D.845 (Op.42)
- Sonata No.17 in D major, D.850 (Op.53) ("Gasteiner")
- Sonata No.18 in G major, D.894 (Op.78) ("Fantasie")
- Sonata No.19 in C minor, D.958
- Sonata No.20 in A major, D.959
- Sonata No.21 in B♭ major, D.960