Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
Franz Liszt / Orgelkompositionen. Frankfurt: C.F. Peters. Edition 3628, n.d. Plates 8920, 9989.
Franz Liszt / Organ Works. Mineola, N.Y. : Dover Publications, 1996.
Public Domain - Non-PD EU [tag/del]
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano solo (Liszt)
Imre Mező (1932–)
Imre Sulyok (1912–2008)
Neue Liszt-Ausgabe. Serie 1, Band 15
Budapest: Editio Musica / Kassel: Bärenreiter, 1982. Plate Z.8253.
Public Domain - Non-PD US [tag/del]
scan: score scanned at 600dpi
filter: score filtered with 2-point algorithm explained in High Quality Scanning
I provide the original scanned version and the filtered, because the filter does some changes (smoothening, sharpening borders) and some portions of the scan get lost sometimes (when they are too small e.g.) - so you can choose your favorite. You may ask me for a manually cleaned version.
This "urtext" or "scholarly" (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in the EU (or 20 years ago in Italy, before 1992 in the former USSR). Hence, the edition is public domain in its country of origin or a government publication. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum 'threshold of originality' to qualify for copyright as an 'adaptation'. They may not be public domain elsewhere. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Der Papsthymnus / L’hymne du pape / Inno del papa
||S.261 ; LW.E19a
|Year/Date of Composition
|Composer Time Period
- Composed for organ, 1863–65 (= S.261)
- Published 1865 by Körner (Erfurt), as Pio IX
- Arranged for solo piano, 1864 (= S.530)
- Published 1865 by Bote & Bock (Berlin), as Hymne du Pape
- Arranged for orchestra, 1864 (= S.361)
- Version not published
- Arranged for piano 4 hands, 1865 (= S.625)
- Published 1865 by Bote & Bock (Berlin), as Der Papsthymnus
- Arranged for voice and piano [by Liszt?], 1865? (= S.766)
- Published 1865? by Kahnt (Leipzig), as Der Papsthymnus
- Revised for 2 voices and organ ad lib., 1867–68, as Dall'alma Roma (= S.36)
- Published 1987 by Universal Edition (Vienna)
- Revised for mixed chorus and orchestra, 1866–67, as Die Gründung der Kirche (No.8) in the oratorio Christus, S.3