It is very unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (such as China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it is very likely to be public domain in the USA as well.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||School of Modern Pianoforte Virtuosity
||Schule des höheren Klavierspiels, technische Studien bis zur höchsten Ausbildung
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
Co-authored with Ludwig Schytte. "Technical studies for the highest degree of development". Considering one of the greatest technicians of all time helped write it, the description is probably very accurate.
- I. Exercises with a still hand
- II. Exercises with a moving hand
- III. Exercises in putting the thumb under, and the hand over
- IV. Scales.
- V. Broken chords, and Arpeggios
- VI. Exercises in finger change on any given key
- VII. Exercises in Thirds, Sixths, Fourths and Fifths.
- VIII. Trill exercises
- IX. Broken Octaves
- X. Stacato Octaves
- XI. Legato Octaves
- XII. Exercises in alternating the hands
- XIII. Glissando exercises
- XIV. Exercises in extension, and for developing the independence and strength
- XV. Chords
- XVI. Jumps - chance movements