It is very unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (such as China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it is very likely to be public domain in the USA as well.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Violin, Cello and Piano (Grainger)
For 2 Voices and Piano (Grainger)
For Piano solo (Grainger)
London: Schott, 1913.
||Includes program notes.
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||Composed as Yule-gift for mother
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||(see also above, "List of scorings"): piano or soprano, tenor, orchestra
- piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons
4 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, percussion, piano, 2 harps (2nd ad lib), strings
||Initially intended for a series of "Sentimentals", of which it was the only piece composed.
- List of scorings
- Piano solo (2 versions, according to Wikipedia one of these was the original composition)
- Soprano, tenor, harp and orchestra (according to percygrainger.org this was the original composition)
- Soprano, harp and orchestra
- Soprano, tenor and piano trio
- Soprano, tenor, piano and *string quartet
- Soprano, tenor and piano
- 3 Solo strings, harp and orchestra
- Theatre orchestra (elastic scoring)
- Orchestra (1919 version)
Tagged for both "first" compositions (see above, List of scorings); all others should go under arrangements.