: kalinnikov symphony no 2 in a major
||Moscow: P. Jurgenson, n.d.(1901). Plate 25543.
||This file is part of the Sibley Mirroring Project.|
Page 2 contains a small score of the Moderato introduction of the symphony, with words (in Cyrillic- probably Russian?) set to the germinal introductory theme (it is possible that this theme predates the symphony as a song). The words to the song when run through a Google translation appear to be some kind of dedication to an Alexander Nikolaevich Winogradsky. (Luttmann refers to this but in an odd context, see below...)
||Symphony No.2 in A major
- Moderato introduction (A major) - Allegro non troppo (p5)
- Andante cantabile (F♯ minor) (p60)
- Allegro scherzando (D major) (p81)
- Andante cantabile - Allegro vivo (A major - opens in D minor) (p144)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1898 March 12, Kiev
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
- piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes (2nd also English horn), 2 clarinets (A), 2 bassoons
4 horns (F), 2 trumpets (D), 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, harp (in Andante cantabile), strings
||Wikipedia article (French)|
Preface by Stephen Luttmann, 2004
Page numbers apply to Jurgenson orchestral score of 1901.