|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
- Dagvirke (Daily Toil) (Allegro energico, ma non troppo vivace)
- Hvile (Rest) (Andante tranquillo)
- Skygger (Shades) (Presto)
- Morgengry (Dawn) (Adagio, ma non troppo)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
- 3 flutes (3rd also piccolo), 2 oboes, English Horn, 2 clarinets (B♭),
- bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon
- 4 horns (F), 3 trumpets (F), 4 trombones, tuba
timpani, snare drum, cymbals, gong, celesta or harp, strings
Note on the title: This work very most likely celebrates the svastika, as a fortunate or Sun symbol (as described in the early parts of the Wikipedia article about it); the Nazi movement was not known to Glass (at least, not in 1919-20, if ever.)