No files submitted.
For 2 Flutes, 2 Bassoons, Strings and Continuo (Graun/Kram)
||Realized the Sinfonia so you can get a good idea of the piece, which you can't from MIDI files. Hopefully some group will want to perform this wonderful piece and post a real version.
||Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (D-B): Mus.ms.8226/1|
This file is based on high-resolution images obtained from the source using a method explained on this page.
||Dramma per musica in tre atti
||Graun, Karl Heinrich
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||1751-03-27 in Berlin: Hofoper
||Leopoldo de Villati (1701-1752)
- after Philippe Quinault (1635−1688), after Torquato Tasso (1544–1595)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
Orchestra: 2 flutes, 2 bassons, strings, continuo
About the Kram Edition
Never realized what a wonderful melodic gift Graun had. Have made two versions available:
- A performance version for orchestras that don't want to deal with all the ornaments (like schools for which a lot of this music is perfect)
- A more or less original transcription for the purist. No figures in the manuscript, but it works fine without them being in a pretty pre-classical style.
I'll add a realization to the performance edition when I have time. Note only the Andante uses winds. The other two movements are for Strings and Continuo.
|Operas and other stage works by Karl Heinrich Graun
- Adriano in Siria, GraunWV B:I:12 (1746)
- Alessandro e Poro, GraunWV B:I:10 (1744)
- Angelica e Medoro, GraunWV B:I:19 (1749)
- Armida, GraunWV B:I:23 (1751)
- Artaserse, GraunWV B:I:8 (1743)
- Britannico, GraunWV B:I:24 (1751)
- Cajo Fabricio, GraunWV B:I:14 (1746)
- Catone in Utica, GraunWV B:I:9 (1744)
- Cesare e Cleopatra, GraunWV B:I:7 (1742)
- Cinna, GraunWV B:I:16 (1748)
- Coriolano, GraunWV B:I:20 (1749)
- Demofoonte, GraunWV B:I:13 (1746)
- L'Europa galante, Graun B:I:17 (1748)
- Ezio, GraunWV B:I:30 (1755)
- Le feste galanti, GraunWV B:I:15 (1747)
- Fetonte, GraunWV B:I:21 (1750)
- I fratelli nemici, GraunWV B:I:31 (1756)
- Giove in Argo (1747)
- Il giudizio di Paride, GraunWV B:I:26 (1752)
- Ifigenia in Aulide, GraunWV B:I:18 (1748)
- Iphigenia in Aulis, Graun B:I:2 (1728)
- Lucio Papirio, GraunWV B:I:11 (1744)
- Merope, GraunWV B:I:32 (1756)
- Mitridate, GraunWV B:I:22 (1751)
- Montezuma, GraunWV B:I:29 (1755)
- L'Orfeo, GraunWV B:I:25 (1752)
- Pharao Tubaetes, GraunWV B:I:5 (1735)
- Polydorus, GraunWV B:I:3 (1726)
- Rodelinda regina de' Longobardi, GraunWV B:I:6 (1741)
- Scipio Africanus, GraunWV B:I:4 (1732)
- Semiramide, GraunWV B:I:28 (1754)
- Silla, GraunWV B:I:27 (1753)
- Lo specchio della fedeltà (1733)