We need more information on Antoine Gilis
You can help by adding biography links
Antoine Gilis (6 April 1847 — 8 March 1914)
＝ Alternative Names/Transliterations: Antoine Joseph Gilis
＝ Aliases: Anthoni-Frans Gillis, Antoine-François Gillis, Antoine-François Gilis, Antoine Gillis, Anthoni-Frans Gilis
＝ Authorities - WorldCat, Wikipedia, VIAF: 96033211, ULAN: 500052939, MusicBrainz: 2eae8855-4c33-4e92-9ed9-09969d13f7f9
✕ Show works by type/instrument
- Detailed biography: None given
- Prolific Belgian composer of mostly elementary grade music for piano, violin and school choirs, with nearly 500 opus numbers.
- Birth and death dates are according to memorial card .
- L'Annuaire des Artistes 1902 (p.1188) mentions Antoine Gilis as a teacher, living in Namur (Belgium), and "author of 2 solfèges and 200 musical publications".
- The Etude (Oct 1913) (p.706): "... Ant. Gilis is a contemporary Belgian composer who makes a specialty of teaching pieces in various styles and grades ...".
- The Catalog of Copyright Entries 1935 contains 6 renewals (R 41175-80) by his widow, Marie van Hemelryck-Gilis, Namur . In the Catalog of Copyright Entries 1942, there are 7 renewals (e.g. R 106874) by a Antoine Gilis, Brussels: this is probably his son or other heir (after the widow's death?).
- Not to be confused with the French painter/sculpter Antoine François Gilis (1702–1781).
Compositions by: Gilis, Antoine
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.