Gustav Cohen of Bonn operated from 1866, initially publishing mainly choral music by local composers including Brambach (1872-), Samuel de Lange(1878-), Max Brauer and Klauwell (both 1881-). In the 1880s the catalog expanded to include many instrumental works. It was taken over by Otto Wernthal of Braunschweig in the 1890s.
There were two similarly named publishers in Germany in the 19th century: Henry and Cohen, mainly a book publisher, functioned in Bonn from 1845 to 1854, and Cohen of Regensburg was active from 1895.
|36||Lange Jr.||Serenade for Piano Quintet, Op.23||1878|