It is very unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (such as China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1927 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it is very likely to be public domain in the USA as well.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
This page is marked for cleanup because the rest of the movements need to be identified, and instrumentations listed so that tags can be accurately added.
||London: Schott, 1912.
||Kipling's Jungle Book Cycle
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||None [force assignment]
- The Fall of the Stone - Strings, harp, piano, harmonium, clarinet, 2 alto saxophones - composed 1901-04; revised 1923
- Morning Song in the Jungle - A cappella for mixed chorus - 1905
- Night-song in the Jungle - A cappella for male voices - 1898; partially revised 1924
- The Inuit A cappella for mixed chorus - 1902; minor revision 1907
- The Beaches of Lukannon - Strings, harmonium (originally a cappella for male voices) - 1898; revised 1941
- Red Dog - Male voice (tenor) a cappella - 1941
- The Peora Hunt - Strings, piano, harmonium, bassoon, contrabassoon, baritone saxophone - 1906
- Hunting-song of the Seeonee Pack - Strings; male voices - 1899
- Tiger! Tiger! - Male voice (tenor) a cappella - 1905
- The Only Son -Strings, harp, piano, harmonium, oboe, cor anglais, 2 bassoons, 3 clarinets, bass clarinet, 2 alto saxophones; mixed voices (soprano, tenor) - 1947
- Mowgli’s Song Against People - Strings, piano, harmonium, 2 oboes, cor anglais, horn; mixed voices (baritone, tenor) - 1903; revised 1907 and 1923
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||mixed chorus with soloists and chamber ensemble
Source: Universal Compendium