English music publishing house, music retail shop and instrument seller founded in London in 1767 by James Longman. In 1769, Lukey joined the firm and in 1775, Francis Broderip became shareholder of the company. In 1798 the company became insolvent and the former owners went on seperately:
- 1. John Longman (who had succeeded James Longman) and M. Clementi ran the business at Cheapside No. 26 until 1801 (Longman, Clementi & Co.). After that, Longman proceeded on his own until 1816. His follower Giles Longman together with his partner James Herron pursued until 1822 (Longman & Herron).
- 2. Broderip and Ch. Wilkinson started an own business at Haymarket No. 13 until 1807 (Broderip & Wilkinson) when Broderip died. Wilkinson went on until 1810 (Wilkinson & Co.).
Imprints, Addresses, Agencies
London, Printed by Longman and Broderip No. 26 Cheapside and No. 13 Haymarket. Manufacturers of Musical Instruments in general, and Music Seller to Their Majesties, His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, the Dukes of York and Clarence, and all the Royal Family.
- J. Longman and Co. (1767-1769)
- Longman, Lukey & Co. (1769-1775)
- Longman, Lukey and Broderip (1775-1776)
- Longman & Broderip (1776-1798)
- 26, Cheapside (1776-1798)
- 13, Haymarket (1782-1798)
- 1782-1798 : Longman & Broderip, 13 Haymarket (including a rental library)
- 1786-1798 : Kalkutta
- 1789-1798 : Margate and Brighthelmstone (Brighton)
||Sei divertimenti per due violini, op. 3a
- Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart. 2., neu bearb. Ausg. ed. Ludwig Finscher. Kassel: Bärenreiter, Stuttgart: Metzler 2006. Personenteil Bd. 11, S. 441
- Sadie, Stanley. The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians. New York and London: Macmillan Publications, 1980.
- Edition: Trois duos pour deux violons, tirés des oeuvres de Mr. Pleyel, arrangés par Mr. Fodor, op. 30
- Humphries & Smith, 1970. Music publishing in the British Isles.