||Paris: Pacini, n.d.. Plate F.D. (1-3).
||Original images: ca.400dpi, color jpg files approx. 4600 by 5880 pixels. Editing: re-sampled to 600dpi, converted to black and white tif files, de-skewed, and set uniform margins. This file is based on high-resolution images obtained from the source using a method explained on this page. All but the first 7 pages have been cleaned up.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||9 pieces in 3 books:
- Une promenade sur le Nil (le Caire, Décembre le 20 1833)
- Smyrne A H (Juin le 8 1833)
- Fantasia harabi (le Caire, Février le 7 1833)
- Fantasia harabi (18 Février 1834, le Caire)
- Prière (à H...) (Alexandrie, 4 Octobre 1833)
- [No title] (Vieux Caire, sur les bords du Nil, 20 Novembre 1834)
- À Jenny Montgolfier (Lyon, Septembre 1835)
- Égyptienne (à C...) (le Caire, 16 Avril 1834)
- Le harem (Constantinople, 18 Avril 1833)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1836 – Paris: Pacini
||Publication noted in the Bibliographie de la France |
(25th Year, No.27, 2 July 1836, p.324).
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
All the pieces included in Les brises d'Orient, except for the first one:
- No.1/1 (Une promenade sur le Nil) reused (without introduction) in Le désert (No.7, La rêverie du soir). In its full form (with introduction) republished as Rêverie du soir.
- No.1/2 (Smyrne) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.1/1 Smyrne.
- No.1/3 (Fantasia harabi) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.1/2 Danse orientale.
- No.2/1 (Fantasia harabi) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.2/1 Fantasia harabi.
- No.2/2 (Prière) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.1/3 Prière.
- No.2/3 (no title) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.1/4 Vieux Caire.
- No.2/4 (À Jenny Montgolfier) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.2/2 La Sultane.
- No.3/1 (Égyptienne) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.3/1 Égyptienne
- No.3/2 (Le harem) included in Les brises d'Orient as No.3/2 Le harem
There were presumably further 4 books of Mélodies orientales containing pieces later included in books 3-6 of Les brises d'Orient and Les minarets (see DNB, this fact is also mentioned in the Marco Polo booklet for the recording of Les brises d'Orient and Les Minarets).