It is very unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (such as China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1927 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it is very likely to be public domain in the USA as well.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Suite nach Worten von Friedrich Hebbel
||Suite composed to words by Friedrich Hebbel
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Präludium. Durch Sturm und Regen (Prelude. (Mid rain and tempest) (D minor)
- Idylle. Genoveva an der Quelle (Idyl. Genevieve of the brook) (F major)
- Ballade. Die Heide (Ballad. On the heath) (D minor)
- Romanze. Im Frühling (Romance. In the spring) (F major)
- Notturno. Abendgefühl (Nocturne. Evening thoughts) (D major)
||Joseph Pembaur Jr.
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
It seems that the piece 'Romanze (Im Frühling)' was composed before Niemann included it in his suite in 1912. The cover of the complete suite says 'new edition revised by the composer'.