PDF scanned by Unknown
||Paul Badura-Skoda (b. 1927), fingerings
||Munich: G. Henle Verlag, 1979. |URTEXT EDITION
This "urtext" or "scholarly" (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in the EU (or 20 years ago in Italy, before 1992 in the former USSR). Hence, the edition is public domain in its country of origin or a government publication. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum 'threshold of originality' to qualify for copyright as an 'adaptation'. They may not be public domain elsewhere. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||fingerings removed by uploader
||Piano Sonata No. 6 in E minor
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||3 (2?) movements:
- Moderato (E minor)
- Allegretto (E major)
- Scherzo. Allegro vivace (A♭ major, doubtful)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1888 (1st movement) – Franz Schubert's Werke, Breitkopf & Härtel|
1907 (2nd movement) – Breitkopf & Härtel
1928 (doubtful 3rd movement) – Die Musik
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
||20 minutes ca.
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
There is disagreement over whether the third movement belongs to this sonata. Because it is in A-flat major (not the tonic key) and thus may not have been intended as a finale, some have proposed the Rondo in E major, D.506 as a fourth movement. Others have proposed that only the first two movements are truly part of this sonata.
|Schubert Piano Sonatas
- Sonata No.9 in B major, D.575 (Op.posth.147)
- Sonata No.10 in C major, D.613 (unfinished)
- Sonata No.11 in F minor, D.625 (unfinished)
- Sonata No.12 in C♯ minor, D.655 (fragment of movt. I)
- Sonata No.13 in A major, D.664 (Op.posth.120)
- Sonata in E minor, D.769a (fragment of movt. I)
- Sonata No.14 in A minor, D.784 (Op.posth.143)
- Sonata No.15 in C major, D.840 ("Reliquie") (unfinished)
- Sonata No.16 in A minor, D.845 (Op.42)
- Sonata No.17 in D major, D.850 (Op.53) ("Gasteiner")
- Sonata No.18 in G major, D.894 (Op.78) ("Fantasie")
- Sonata No.19 in C minor, D.958
- Sonata No.20 in A major, D.959
- Sonata No.21 in B♭ major, D.960