Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano 4 hands
||Sinfonia em sol menor
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Allegro. Con enthusiasmo
- II. Andante quasi adagio (C major)
- III. Scherzo (B♭ major)
- IV. Con fuoco (ends in G major)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1893 ; (rev.?) 1900, Berlin
- 1895-02-5, Salle d'Arcourt, Paris (cond. Francisco Braga) - only the third movement
- 1897-08-01, Teatro Lírico, Rio de Janeiro
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||orchestra (Piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba, timpani, strings)
||First page (musicabrasilis.org)|
- A 2 piano version (SN3.2) was arranged in 1914 and published by Vieira Machado & Cia. SN does not cite the piano 4-hands version. Maybe this is it (by an error)?
- A piano duet arrangement was published by Sampaio Araujo & Cia. also?... - ES (actually, WorldCat has a piano duet version- not a 2 piano version- by Machado (or Machado/Araujo) - plate 1530 - but certainly they might have done both! Websearches suggest the hypothesis that Machado's plates start in the 1600s and perhaps Araujo became Machado around that point, ca.1915? Suggesting that 1914 is indeed quite possibly the right date for the reduction.)
Full score published 1938 according to Fleisher.