||Forest Symphony ; Symphony No.3
||Ellerton, John Lodge
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Andante maestoso — The forest (attacca)
- II. Allegro molto, con brio — The forest in winter
- III. Andantino grazioso — The forest in summer
- IV. Allegretto scherzoso, con delicatezza. Non troppo presto — Dance of Fairies in the forest
- V. Finale. Allegro molto — Dance of Peasants in the forest - (attacca)
- VI. Andante maestoso — The forest at midnight
||1857-12-22 — Aachen
||1861 – Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Orchestra: 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets (A), bassoons + 4 horns (2 in D, 2 in F/A), trumpets (D), 3 trombones + timpani + strings
||Preface by Jürgen Schaarwächter, 2015
Schaarwächter, both in this preface and his book, maintains that the symphony was published in 1858. However, in NZM 22 November 1861 it's listed under Neue Musikalien, and there's no reason to doubt the 1861 date.