||First edition of present version.
||Winterthur: J. Rieter-Biedermann, n.d.(1866). Plate 466.
- Originally for orchestra; arr. for piano by Franz Liszt
- Includes as introduction a revised version of Liszt's L'Idée fixe (S. 395, R. 135) which is based on the principal theme of the Symphonie fantastique. Cf. Auman, E., et al. The music manuscripts, first editions, and correspondence of Franz Liszt ... (Washington : Library of Congress Music Division, 1991)
- First ed. of present version
- At foot of title: Pr.25 Ngr
- Includes prefatory notes in French on p. 2
- Foliation added (in pencil): #135-149