||Aleksandr Goldenweiser (1875–1961)
||N. Metner: Sobranie Sochinenii, Tom VI: Sochineniia dlia golosa i fortepiano|
Moscow: Muzgiz, 1961. Plate M. 29308 Г.
||Contains index and publishing information for volume six of the complete works.|URTEXT EDITION
This "urtext" or "scholarly" (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in the EU (or 20 years ago in Italy, before 1992 in the former USSR). Hence, the edition is public domain in its country of origin or a government publication. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum 'threshold of originality' to qualify for copyright as an 'adaptation'. They may not be public domain elsewhere. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Acht Lieder Op.61
||Vocem' pesen Op.61
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1946 [No.6]; 1954 [all others]
||Joseph Freiherr von Eichendorff (1788-1857) [Nos.1 and 2]|
Aleksandr Pushkin (1799–1837) [Nos.3 and 4]
Mikhail Lermontov (1814-1841) [No.5]
Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev (1803-1873) [Nos.6, 7 and 8]
||German [Nos.1 and 2]; Russian [Nos.3 through 8]
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Voice and piano
The sixth song of the set, Polden', was originally published in Twenty-Six selected songs (New York: G. Schirmer, 1946) as Op.59 No.1 (after the autograph). The other seven songs were published as Sieben hinterlassene Lieder (Seven forgotten songs) by M. P. Belaïeff in 1954. The complete works edition assembled all eight songs under the title Acht Lieder (Eight Songs) as Op.61.
Individual Song Listing
- No.1: Reiselied [Pesn' strannika] (Traveling Song)
- No.2: Nachtgruß [Nochnoi privet] (Night Greeting)
- No.3: Chto v imeni tebe moem? [Was fragst du nach dem Namen mich?] (What does my name mean to you?)
- No.4: Esli zhizn' tebia obmanet... [Wenn du eines Tags enttäuscht bist...] (When you are disillusioned one day...)
- No.5: Molitva [Gebet] (Prayer)
- No.6: Polden' [Mittagsdunst] (Midday)
- No.7: O, veshchaia dusha moia! [Sei stille mein verzagtes Herz] (Be still my visionary heart)
- No.8: Kogda, chto svali my svoim... [Unwiederbringlich ist dahin...] (It is then completely lost...)