|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Moderato (C minor)
- Largo (D-flat major)
- Maestoso (C minor)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1897, revised versions 1904, 1907
||1904-10-24 in Elberfeld, Germany (2nd version)
- Julius Buths (piano), Konzertgesellschaft (orchestra), Hans Haym (conductor)
1907-10-22 in London, Queen's Hall (final version)
- Theodor Szántó (piano), Queen's Hall Orchestra, Henry Wood (conductor)
||1907 – Berlin: Verlag Harmonie
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
||Depends on version:
- 1897 version - 30 minutes
- 1904 version - 28 minutes
- 1907 version - 22 minutes
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
3 flutes (3rd also piccolo), 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets, 3 bassoons
4 horns, 2 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, cymbals, bass drum, strings
All Music Guide
||*The 3 sections were played without break in the first version. For the 1904 revision, Delius resorted to the a more conventional concerto form with separate movements. The 1907 (final) version, again with no breaks between movements, is the one most widely performed today.