||The Starlight Express
||Suite for vocal soloists and orchestra (from the incidental music)
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||3 acts |
- 1. To the Children. "O children, open your arms to me" (Organ Grinder - Baritone)
- 2. The Blue-Eyes Fairy. "There's a fairy that hides" (Organ Grinder - Baritone)
- 3. Sc.1: Curfew Song. "The sun has gone" (Organ Grinder - Baritone)
- 4. Sc.1: The Laugher's Song. "I'm ev'rywhere" (Laugher - Soprano)
- 5. Sc.1: Come Little Winds. "Wake up you little night winds" (Organ Grinder - Baritone)
- 6. Sc.3: Tears and Laughter. "Oh! stars shine brightly!" (Laugher - Soprano)
- 7. Sc.3: Sunrise Song (or Dawn Song). "We shall meet the morning spiders" (Jane Anne - Soprano)
- 8. My Old Tunes. "My old tunes are rather broken" (Organ Grinder - Baritone)
- 9. Sc.1: "Dandelions, daffodils" (Jane Anne - Soprano)
- a. Blue-Eyes Fairy
- b. Dance of the Pleiades
- 10. Sc.2: "Laugh a little ev'ry day" (Laugher - Soprano)
- 11. The Dawn. "They're all soft-shiny now" (Organ Grinder - Baritone)
- 12. "Oh, think Beauty" (Jane Anne - Soprano)
- 13. Finale (duet): Hearts must be soft-shiny dressed.
- "Dustman, Laugher, Tramp and busy Sweep" (Jane Anne - soprano, Cousin Henry - baritone)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1915-12-29 in London, Kingsway Theatre
- voices, orchestra, Julius Harrison (conductor)
- after A Prisoner in Fairyland by Algernon Blackwood (1869-1951)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Voices: soprano, baritone|
Orchestra: 2 flutes (2nd also piccolo), 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons
2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones
3 percussion, harp, organ, barrel organ, strings
||Wikipedia article on the play|