||16 Songs for Children
||16 песен для детей
||16 Kinderlieder; Sixteen Songs for Children; Шестнадцать песен для детей
||Sechzehn Kinderlieder; Kinderlieder op. 54; Sixteen Children’s Songs, Op. 54; Children's Songs; 16 Children's Songs; Songs for Children
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.54 ; TH 104
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Granny and Grandson. Moderato (A minor, 63 bars)
- Little Bird. Andante con moto (G major, 45 bars)
- Spring: The Grass Grows Green. Allegro con spirito (G major, 71 bars)
- My Little Garden. Allegro comodo (G major, 59 bars)
- Legend. Moderato (E minor, 80 bars)
- On the Bank. Allegro non troppo (C major, 51 bars)
- Winter Evening. Moderato (C minor, 124 bars)
- The Cuckoo. Moderato (G major, 133 bars)
- Spring: The Snow is Already Melting. Allegro animato (F major, 57 bars)
- Lullaby in a Storm. Moderato (F minor, 57 bars)
- The Little Flower. Moderato con moto (F major, 78 bars)
- Winter. Moderato (D major, 57 bars)
- Spring Song. Allegro moderato (A major, 117 bars)
- Autumn. Moderato assai (F♯ minor, 44 bars)
- The Swallow. Allegro moderato (G major, 109 bars)
- Child's Song: My Lizochek. Allegro moderato (A minor, 100 bars)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1881 (No.16) ; 1883 (Nos.1–15)
||1884-04 in Moscow, Bolshoy Theatre (No.5, arr. voice and orch.)
- Dmitry Usatov (tenor).
1889-03-31 in St. Petersburg (No.5, arr. mixed chorus)
- Chorus of the Imperial Opera, Fyodor Becker (conductor)
||1881 - Moscow, in Children's Spirit (Детский отдух), supplement to the magazine (No.16).|
1884 - Moscow: P. Jurgenson. Nos.1 to 16. Plates 5985-99, 6172, 69 pages
- 1890 - arr. voice and orchestra. Plate 17430, 6 pages. (No.5)
1890 - arr. mixed chorus. Plate 15584, 5 pages. (No.5)
||Aleksey Pleshcheyev (1825–1893) (Nos.1-14)
- Nos.2, 5, 8, 11 translations after
- Władysław Syrokomla (1823–1862), Richard Henry Stoddard (1825–1903)
Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715–1769)Louis Ratisbonne (1827–1900)
- 15. Ivan Surikov (1841–1880), after Teofil Lenartowicz (1822–1893)
- 16. Konstantin Aksakov (1817–1860)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||The theme of No.5 was the basis for|
Variations on a Theme of Tchaikovsky, Op.35a, by Arensky (1894).
||No.5 was also arranged by Tchaikovsky for voice and orchestra, 1884,|
and for unaccompanied mixed chorus (SATB), 1889.