||Six sonatas for the piano forte or harpsichord with an accompanyment for a German flute or violin
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.2 ; RISM A/I: C 2724
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||6 sonatas (each with two movements):
- Sonata in E♭ major
- Allegro con spirito
- Sonata in C major - keyboard solo
- Rondeau spiritoso
- Sonata in G major
- Sonata in A major - keyboard solo
- Allegro assai
- Sonata in F major
- Sonata in B♭ major - keyboard solo
- Allegro di molto
||1779 - London: Welcker (RISM A/I: C 2724)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||piano or harpsichord (Nos.2, 4, 6); flute/violin and piano or harpsichord (Nos.1, 3, 5)
- Clementi self-published a revision of these 6 sonatas, ca.1795.
- Another revision of Nos.2, 4, 6 published 1807 by Artaria in Vienna (differences include more elaborate written-out variations in rondo movements)
- Nos.2 and 4 further revised and published by Clementi ca.1820.
- No.2 (C major) later revised (additional movement and violin accompaniment), published in 1794 as Op.30.
- No.4 (A major) also revised (additional movement and flute accompaniment), published as Op.31.