Since this work was first published after 1925 with the prescribed copyright notice, it is unlikely that this work is public domain in the USA. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted), the EU, and in those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years or less.
IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||First edition ?
||Moscow: Muzgiz, n.d.(1949). Plate M. 19746 Г.
||Unfortunately the title page was not scanned and the plate number is often cut off. Scan is not great quality, but should be readable.
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Adagio, D♭ major ( = 56) - Andante ( = 104-108) (ends C♯ minor)
- II. Moderato (Template:Minim), F minor
- III. Allegro impetuoso ( = 152-160), C♯ minor (ends in D♭ major)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1947-03-06 in Moscow
- Moscow Symphony, Aleksandr V. Gauk (conductor)
||1947 / 1949
||This work is claimed to be under copyright in the USA due to|
"restoration" via the GATT/TRIPS amendment (Section 104). NIE-V8001P260
||L.T. Atovmian (1901–1973)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Early 20th century
- piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets
- bass clarinet, 2 bassoons
- 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, cymbals, bass drum, strings
||All Music Guide
Wikipedia article (Dutch)
WorldCat (British Library, St. Pancras) claims 1947 publication date (though one might want to double-check with them whether this is from a ©-date on the score itself, or an estimate.) (This is accurate. Tassie, p 372. 1949 publication may be premiere of revision)
|Symphonies by Nikolay Myaskovsky
- Symphony No.1 in C minor, Op.3 (1908, rev.1921)
- Symphony No.2 in C♯ minor, Op.11 (1910-11)
- Symphony No.3 in A minor, Op.15 (1914)
- Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.17 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.5 in D major, Op.18 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.6 in E♭ minor, Op.23 (1921-23)
- Symphony No.7 in B minor, Op.24 (1922)
- Symphony No.8 in A major, Op.26 (1924-25)
- Symphony No.9 in E minor, Op.28 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.10 in F minor, Op.30 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.11 in B♭ minor, Op.34 (1931)
- Symphony No.12 in G minor "October", Op.35 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.13 in B♭ minor, Op.36 (1933)
- Symphony No.14 in C major, Op.37 (1933)
- Symphony No.15 in D minor, Op.38 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.16 in F major, Op.39 (1935-36)
- Symphony No.17 in G♯ minor, Op.51 (1936-37)
- Symphony No.18 in C major, Op.42 (1937)
- Symphony No.19 in E♭ major, Op.46 (1939)
- Symphony No.20 in E major, Op.50 (1940)
- Symphony No.21 in F♯ minor, Op.51 (1940)
- Symphony No.22 in B minor "Ballade", Op.54 (1941)
- Symphony No.23 in A minor, Op.56 (1941)
- Symphony No.24 in F minor, Op.63 (1943)
- Symphony No.25 in D♭ major, Op.69 (1945-46, rev.1949)
- Symphony No.26 in C major "On Russian Themes", Op.79 (1948)
- Symphony No.27 in C minor, Op.85 (1949)