Scores and Parts
||Ludwig Finscher (b.1930)
||Neue Mozart-Ausgabe, Serie VIII, Werkgruppe 20,|
Abteilung 1: Streichquartette, Band 3 [NMA VIII/20] (pp.93-128)
Kassel: Bärenreiter-Verlag, 1961. Plate BA 4526.
This “urtext” or “scholarly” (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in Germany and thus is public domain in its country of origin. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum ‘threshold of originality’ to qualify for copyright as an ‘adaptation’. It may not be public domain elsewhere, however. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||scan: score scanned at 600dpi (High Quality Scanning)
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For 2 Pianos (Drillon)
For Piano 4 hands (Ulrich and Wittmann)
For Piano solo (Wagner)
||Paul Wagner (1842-1873)
||Paris: Schonenberger, n.d.(ca.1856). Plate S. 2388 (8).
III. Andante (Allegretto)
For Violin and Piano (Grünwald)
- See: Adagios et Andantes des Grands Maîtres by Adolf Grünwald Vol.4 No.5
- I. Allegro moderato
- II. Andante (given mistakenly as Allegretto)
- III. Menuetto: Allegretto (given mistakenly as Allegro)
- IV. Allegro
||String Quartet No.23
||Third Prussian Quartet
||Quatuor à cordes K. 590; String Quartet No. 23; Cuarteto de cuerda n.º 23; 弦楽四重奏曲第23番; Strykekvartett nr. 23 av Mozart; Quartetto K 590; Quartet de corda núm. 23; 23. Streichquartett
||Wikipedia; BNF: 139152990
||Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Allegro moderato
- Menuetto. Allegretto
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||2 violins, viola, cello
NMA report (German)
NMA report gives the impression that three early printings - one from Franz Hoffmeister (with all 3 Prussian quartets, parts, plate 135), one from Imbault (plate 476 - ca.1797?), one from N. Simrock (plate 16?) - were released close to each other (ca.1797?) (NMA editor doesn't explicitly write, as with some other discussions, Fruhdruck (Erstruck??) or something similar but the question is finessed entirely - then again, since the printings are relevant to the NMA only as sources, not in themselves, if the other sources are useful enough, sometimes first/early published editions are noted at most in passing anyway (there is a recent book (Haberkamp, Tutzing, 1986/91) devoted to the question of "First Publications" of Mozart works much more than the NMA critical reports are, to whom the question is not an end in itself.)
|String Quartets by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- String Quartet No.1 in G major, K.80/73f
- String Quartet No.2 in D major, K.155/134a
- String Quartet No.3 in G major, K.156/134b
- String Quartet No.4 in C major, K.157
- String Quartet No.5 in F major, K.158
- String Quartet No.6 in B-flat major, K.159
- String Quartet No.7 in E-flat major, K.160/159a
- String Quartet No.8 in F major, K.168
- String Quartet No.9 in A major, K.169
- String Quartet No.10 in C major, K.170
- String Quartet No.11 in E-flat major, K.171
- String Quartet No.12 in B-flat major, K.172
- String Quartet No.13 in D minor, K.173
|6 String Quartets, Op.10, dedicated to Joseph Haydn
|3 "Prussian" Quartets