Scores and Parts
||Antonín Pokorný (1890-1975)|
Karel Šolc (1893-1985)
||Prague: SNKHLU, 1958. Plate 2692. |URTEXT EDITION
This "urtext" or "scholarly" (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in the EU (or 20 years ago in Italy, before 1996 in the former USSR). Hence, the edition is public domain in its country of origin or a government publication. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum 'threshold of originality' to qualify for copyright as an 'adaptation'. They may not be public domain elsewhere. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||with Editor's Notes.
||String Quartet No.7
||Strijkkwartet nr. 7; Quatuor à cordes nº 7 de Dvořák; 7. Streichquartett; String Quartet No. 7
||Streichquartett Nr. 7; Streichquartett a-Moll; String Quartet in A minor; Strijkkwartet nr. 7 (Dvorak)
||WorldCat; Wikipedia; VIAF: 293294547; BNF: 14031772c
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.16 / B.45
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Allegro ma non troppo
- Andante cantabile
- Allegro scherzando — Trio
- Allegro ma non troppo
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1874 September (revised sometime after 1894)
||1878 December 29 (public performance)
||1875 ca. - Prague: Em. Stary
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||2 violins, viola, cello
Allmusic.com claims the quartet was published as early as 1875. (Worldcat and Antonin-dvorak.cz confirm this, it seems: published by Prague: Em. Stary ca.1875, as "Quatuor pour deux violons, alto et cello ... Op. 26" (parts).)
|Chamber Music for Strings by Antonín Dvořák
- String Quartet No.1 in A major, Op.2/B.8 (1862)
- String Quartet No.2 in B-flat major, B.17 (1869)
- String Quartet No.3 in D major, B.18 (1869-70)
- String Quartet No.4 in E minor, B.19 (1870)
- String Quartet No.5 in F minor, Op.9/B.37 (1873)
- String Quartet No.6 in A minor, Op.12/B.40 (1873)
- Andante appassionato in F major, B.40a (1873)
- String Quartet No.7 in A minor, Op.16/B.45 (1874)
- String Quartet No.8 in E major, Op.80/B.57 (1876)
- String Quartet No.9 in D minor, Op.34/B.75 (1877)
- String Quartet No.10 in E♭ major 'Slavonic', Op.51/B.92 (1878-79)
- String Quartet No.11 in C major, Op.61/B.122 (1881)
- Echo of Songs, B.152 (1887)
- String Quartet No.12 in F major 'American', Op.96/B.179 (1893)
- String Quartet No.13 in G major, Op.106/B.192 (1895)
- String Quartet No.14 in A♭ major, Op.105/B.193 (1895)