||Rob Peters (b. 1969)
||This score adds a new composed bass trombone part to the two existing parts. Of course this is only one of the many possible "reconstructions", since the two existing voices allow a lot of different harmonic and contrapuntal solutions.|
One wonders what bass part Bruckner himself had added to that strange progression in bar 3-4, where one expects the tenor d-flat to resolve into c, not g. My completion gives the bass an equally peculiar upwards diminished octave jump, which somehow sounds "right" and Brucknerian.
I have not consulted the Hans Bauernfeind completion, so any possible similarities between my version and his are purely coincidental. - R.P.
||Holograph manuscript, n.d..|
(Composer's manuscript with autograph and additional markings)
||ca.300dpi color images. Source: Stift St. Florian (CRSA), Bruckner-Archiv, A-SF20-26. See here: Bruckner-online. The Bass trombone part manuscript has been originally missing forever.
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1847-01 at St. Florian Abbey
||1847-01-28 at St. Florian Abbey
||Funeral of Rosalia Mayrhofer
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||3 trombones (alto, tenor, bass)
||Aequale, WAB 114
||Wikipedia article (WAB 149)
- In the edition of the Gesamtausgabe the missing score for the bass trombone has been completed by Hans Bauernfeind.
|Motets by Anton Bruckner
- Pange lingua, WAB 31 (1835 ca./1891)
- Libera me, WAB 21 (1843 ca.)
- Asperges me, WAB 4 (1843-44 ca.)
- 2 Asperges me, WAB 3 (1845 ca.)
- Tantum ergo, WAB 32, (1845 ca.)
- Tantum ergo, WAB 43 (1845 ca.)
- Dir, Herr, dir will ich mich ergeben, WAB 12 (1845)
- O du liebes Jesu Kind, WAB 145 (1845-46 ca.)
- Herz-Jesu-Lied, WAB 144 (1845-46 ca.)
- 4 Tantum ergo, WAB 41 (1846/1888)
- Tantum ergo, WAB 42 (1846/1888)
- Aequale, WAB 114 (1847) for 3 trombones
- Aequale, WAB 149 (1847) for 3 trombones
- In jener letzten der Nächte, WAB 17 (1848 ca.)
- Totenlied No.1, WAB 47 (1852)
- Totenlied No.2, WAB 48 (1852)
- Libera me, WAB 22 (1854)
- Tantum ergo, WAB 44 (1854 ca.)
- Ave Maria, WAB 5 (1856)
- Ave Maria, WAB 6 (1861)
- Afferentur regi, WAB 1 (1861)
- Pange lingua, WAB 33 (1868)
- Inveni David, WAB 19 (1868)
- Iam lucis orto sidere, WAB 18 (1868/1886)
- Locus iste, WAB 23 (1869)
- Christus factus est, WAB 10 (1873)
- Tota pulchra es, WAB 46 (1878)
- Os justi, WAB 30 (1879)
- Ave Maria, WAB 7 (1882)
- Christus factus est, WAB 11 (1884)
- Salvum fac populum, WAB 40 (1884)
- Veni creator spiritus, WAB 50 (1884 ca.)
- Ecce sacerdos magnus, WAB 13 (1885)
- Virga Jesse, WAB 52 (1885)
- Ave regina caelorum, WAB 8 (1885 ca.)
- Vexilla regis, WAB 51 (1892)